Los Angeles (MSNBC) — In a wide-ranging interview at Goop’s Los Angeles headquarters, Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren told Gwyneth Paltrow today that political disinformation poses a considerable risks to the health of our democracy.
“Republicans are political vampires peddling dubious ideas,” Warren said. “For example, Donald Trump wants to cleanse our immigration system, and someone wrote that Democrats want a ‘bodyworker’ to pull negative energy out of their butts. That rhetoric undermines the public’s confidence in the Constitution.”
Paltrow agreed the falsehoods have to stop, saying that disinformation and online foreign interference erode faith in companies like Goop.
“We have to start hard conversations, crack open taboos, and look for connection and resonance everywhere we can find it,” Paltrow said. “I know you’ll do that as president, even if you have to push for new laws that impose tough civil and criminal penalties for knowingly disseminating that kind of information.”
At the end of the interview, Warren provided a list of other falsehoods that should be punished by prison time:
- Warren demands punitive licensing fees for international terrorists
- Warren says worker in ‘gig economy’ is 3/5 of a person
- ‘American Taliban’ joins Warren to fight in Climate Jihad
- Warren exploratory committee tests Big Waters with new policy papers
- Wilson and Warren: ‘Only you can stop cultural appropriation’