A worldwide popularity contest by YouGov has found that Russian dictator Vladimir Putin is more popular than ex-American president Barack Obama in three countries critical to American foreign policy.
- In Russia, both the dictator Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump are more popular than Obama.
- In China, actor Jackie Chan and the dictator Putin are more popular than Obama.
- In Egypt, Turkey’s dictator Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the dictator Putin are more popular than Obama.
Experts say the findings contradict Mr. Obama’s contention that his foreign policy was better than anyone else’s foreign policy.
“I think it’s alarming that the ex-president once said ‘I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,'” said one expert. “And I knew Mr. Obama had narcissistic dictatorial tendencies when he said, ‘It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.'”
“In light of his terrible popularity in such important countries, I think history needs to reevaluate his presidency immediately,” the expert said.
Other YouGov findings that experts find alarming:
- Pakistan: Tom Cruise more popular than Obama.
- Philippines: Keanu Reeves and Coco Martin more popular than Obama.
- Russia: Trump and Pope Francis more popular than Obama.
- Turkey: Brad Pitt and Putin more popular than Obama.
- Egypt: Cristiano Ronaldo and Putin more popular than Obama.